Associated Design Consultants provides professional services in areas that include:
- Determine church requirements and translate those needs into a comprehensive design.
- Include as a basis for determination:
- Survey of clergy and congregation requirements
- Nursery and classroom information
- Office and administration requirements
- Inventory of existing furniture and equipment
- Standards for new or improved space and furnishings
- Projections and scheduling for possible future growth or refurbishing
- Work with Music Director to coordinate choir seating, instrument locations and sound system.
- Review baptistery function and logistics.
- Determine lighting requirements for the facility with consideration for energy efficiency.
- Develop control system for light levels and mood changes for the different functions of the facility.
- Select lighting fixtures with consideration for their liturgical significance.
- Review acoustic condition of the space to determine performance requirements for the location of piano and organ or other instruments in conjunction with the choir and congregational singing.
- Recommend audio system and ensure visual compatibility of its integration into the interior design.
- Select acoustic materials, if required, to be compatible with the overall interior design concept.
FURNITURE, MATERIAL & COLOR COORDINATION
- Interpret church requirements as related to furnishings and finishes that define scope of project.
- Utilize the psychological, functional, aesthetic, and liturgical characteristics of colors for the project.
- Select construction and finish materials for their compatibility with the total interior design concept developed for the church.
- Materials are selected for their quality and longevity with an awareness of cost and maintenance factors as well as liturgical appropriateness.
- Develop a maintenance schedule and procedural instructions for carpet, wallcovering, upholstery, etc.
- Provide instructions necessary to ensure proper installation.
FOOD SERVICE FACILITY MULTI-PURPOSE PLANNING
- Analyze and develop a food service facility with complete production of all mechanical and electrical information including specification and fabrication drawings.
- Produce architectural detailing, rendering, and specialized services necessary for the execution of plans and individual items to be constructed or commercially produced.