When planning a new residence or remodeling an existing one, the earlier design services are retained the more cost effective the process will be. Residential design is a personal experience and should reflect and enhance your lifestyle.
Associated Design interacts with owners on a personal basis to make sure all their wishes and concerns are addressed. We offer a wide selection of materials and design custom furniture to create just the look you are after.
Associated Design Consultants provides professional services in areas that include:
- Determine client requirements and translate those needs into room organization and furniture layouts.
- Develop suitable room arrangements and traffic flow for flexibility of furnishing layout.
- Include as a basis for determination:
- Overall desired "feel" of home
- Living style of owners ›
- Inventory of any existing furniture
- Develop activity zoning, entertainment centers, focal elements such as fireplaces, televisions, pianos etc..
- Determine storage needs and customized closet spaces.
- Special requirements for entertaining, hobbies, etc.
- Special requirements to display art work or other collections
- Establish a project budget for approval.
- Collaborate with owner, architect, contractors, and others who may be involved to control project expenditures.
INTERIOR FURNISHINGS SELECTION
- Analyze budget and management requirements.
- Interpret owner's requirements as related to furnishings and accessories.
- Develop furniture and finish package for bid or negotiation.
- Supervise ordering and installation of new furniture.
- Supervise selection and installation of artwork and accessories.
- Develop cabinetry deign details such home entertainment center. in-home computer cabinetry, etc.
- Select equipment best suited to the client and incorporate the package into a home multi-media center.
- Design appropriate acoustics and lighting.
- Integrate the design with the latest technology.
- Provide instructions necessary to ensure proper installation and maintenance.
- Prepare specification documents to ensure proper installation and maintenance.
MATERIAL COORDINATION & COLOR PLANNING
- Select construction and finish materials for their compatibility with the total concept developed for the project.
- Utilize the psychological, functional, aesthetic, and maintenance characteristics of color and pattern in the home environment
- Analyze the marketable, aesthetic and psychological characteristics of color and materials in interior spaces.
- Prepare finish schedule with application and maintenance information.
KITCHEN & BATH PLANNING & DESIGN
- Develop complete cabinet detailing with the latest kitchen innovations.
- Analyze and develop the kitchen plans with complete production of all mechanical and electrical information including specification and fabrication drawings
- Create a dramatic package of sophisticated materials with minimum maintenance characteristics.
- Develop the bath room layouts and recommend such equipment as saunas, steam showers, Jacuzzi tubs, etc.
LIGHTING ANALYSIS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Develop lighting plan and specifications for interior and exterior lighting.
- Develop a lighting plan to coincide with furniture arrangements and artwork placement.
- Create a dramatic presentation of the space with creative use of fixtures and sophisticated lighting control.
- Develop an energy-efficient lighting package.
- Recommend and locate controls and dimming systems for lighting.
SECURITY SYSTEM PLANNING
- Analyze needs and produce specifications necessary for the installation of any specialized items, such as a home security system, automated gates, and security lighting.
- Produce architectural detailing, rendering, graphic design, and specialized services necessary for the execution of plans and individual items to be constructed or commercially produced.
- Produce interior rendering and graphic presentation suitable for sales and marketing.
- Develop a timetable for installation of the furnishings to coincide with the construction schedule and the developer's marketing of the property.
- If required, provide personnel to oversee the procurement, construction, transfer, and installation of items required to complete a project in accordance with plans and specifications.
- Provide personnel to oversee the procurement, construction, transfer, and installation of items required to complete a project in accordance with plans and specifications